- 366,324 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.
- 131,861 active registered qualified patients.
- 27,128 active registered primary caregivers.
- 33,747 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.
- Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified of denial by certified and regular mail.
- Complete applications, change forms and reapplications for previous denials are then processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is not received then the application is deemed valid. The statute currently allows for a copy of a valid application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department.
For more information, visit michigan.gov/mmp